Friday, May 30, 2008

A Poem for Joshua by his mama

My sister in law (Joshua's mom) wrote the following poem. I tried my best translating them in English. I wish I could invent a time machine for her. We love you Diana.

setiap malam tiba,

hatiku gelisah tak menentu,

benarkah hanya tiga malaikatku yang terlelap?

bukankah ada 4 setiap malamnya.

terhentak ..tersadar... oh joshua tidur disurga,yang aku kenal dengan kata firdaus,

suatu tempat dimana keadaan tenang dan bahagia,

apakah dia tahu betapa aku sangat merindukannya,betapa sangat mengasihinya dan berharap ada orang yang dapat menemukan mesin waktu untuk aku sewa dan mundur beberapa bulan agar aku punya waktu yang lebih bersama anakku terkasih,merawat lebih baik,mencium lebih banyak,menggendong seharian,tertawa dan memberikan apapun yang kau mau.tidak mengeluh mengasihi ayah dengan lebih banyak dan membuat surga di rumah bagimu nak,sehingga engkau bisa merasa, mama aku ingin tinggal lebih lama lagi disini. andaikan itu terjadi nak,

Tapi aku tahu ada harapan bua aku....,aku tahu aku tidak punya kuasa menahanmu, karna aku tahu hanya Bapalah yang tahu yang terbaik buat anak2Nya. Aku tahu ada kebangkitan dan aku tahu ada penghiburan dari Roh Kudus dan mama tahu,...Joshua ingin mama melakukan yang terbaik bagi semuanya. Selalu ada harapan karna mama berusaha beriman kepada Juriuselamat dan Ajaran2Nya. till we meet again... son.

mama

when the night comes,
my heart troubled,
it is true that I only have three sleeping angels?
were there four each night before?
I was awakened ... I realized ... o my Joshua is sleeping in heaven, a place I know called paradise,
A place where he is in the state of comfort and happiness,

I wonder if he know how I miss him, how I love him and hope that people could invent a time machine for me to rent and go back in time few months so I could have more time with my beloved child, take a better care of him, give him more kisses, carry him all day, laugh and give whatever he want without complaining, and love “ayah” (daddy) more and make heaven on earth for you, son so that you’d want to say: mama, I want to stay a little bit longer here. I wish that would happen, son.

But there is no hope for me ... I know I don’t have the power to keep you,
Because I know that Heavenly Father knows what’s the best for his children. I know there is resurrection and I know there is comfort from the Holy Spirit and Mama knows, ... All Joshua wants is for mama to do her best for every body. There is hope because mama is trying to have faith in the Saviour and His teachings. till we meet again ... son.

mama

2 comments:

D said...

What a beautiful poem.

Maly and Dan said...

That was very touching. Love is a beautiful thing, a gift from God, the one that loved us first. The one who will always love us unconditionally. I pray for the family that they may be comforted with the sweet spirit of God.