Sis. Edmunds is a remarkable woman of God. She has served as a director of training at the MTC in Provo, Utah, and as a member of the Relief Society General Board. A graduate of the College of Nursing at BYU, she has been a faculty member in that same school and has served full-time proselyting and welfare missions in Asia and Africa.
I have read her talk "It's about Time" and her booklet about having all the time in the world. Her humor and joyful outlook in life had helped me to see what's important and use my "probation" time wisely. I'm still working on putting "my priorities" and reading her writings helped me to accomplish that in my own time.
What's more special about Sis. Edmunds is that she served a full time mission in Indonesia when my father was the Branch President. I was a little girl and still remember her coming to our house and taught us. I never forget her loving gestures and eyes. It was a wonderful reunion to see her again.
Sis. Edmunds and I burst in to joy after I introduced myself and showed her my family pictures at the time she was a missionary in our little branch.

My family picture. I am sitting next to mom (on her right).
From left to right: Isma, Ning, Me, Mom, my brother Looky, Dad, Nila, and Enny.
We were so happy to have the "chance" to meet again. She shared me stories about my parents. She told me that my parents were so wonderful to her and the missionaries. My father wanted her to teach the gospel principles (he wanted to know more). Sis. Edmunds were hesitant since her "bahasa Indonesia" was still limited. My father said to her to just prepare the lesson and give the lesson. He would tell them what the Spirit taught him. Sis. Edmunds said it was amazing to see that the Spirit taught him the principles.
I invited Maly to attend the conference too. We didn't say goodbye instead we said "sampai jumpa lagi" (see you again soon).
5 comments:
Wow!! I'm so jealous I love her books! I'm so happy you got to see her again!
That is absolutely a wonderful reunion. What a thrill to be able to see Sister Edmunds and I am sure she was just as thrilled.
What a small world! That had to have been so exciting:)
The Fireside was great! She was so funny and upbeat about life. Finding joy in everyday life.
I love hearing Sis. Edmunds and reading her work!!! What a wonderful experience.
Post a Comment