Monday, October 3, 2011

The current

We enjoyed conference as a family. 6 years old Tanner was playing while we're watching General Conference. Martin and I didn't think he was listening or paying attention. At the end of a talk he came up to Martin and said, " Daddy, I am not going to the danger current, you are not going to the current, my sister is not going to the current, and even my mom is not going to the current. We just go to the save water."
Later on he told us that he'd rather eat his dinner, have some ice cream and go to bed early because he has school tomorrow morning. What a wonderful blessing to have him in our family. So many time I am reminded of the Savior's message "unless you be like a little child."
I often worry for what kind of future or environment my children will grow up with. The messages from the General Conference offer me hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ as the source of teaching in our home.

No comments: