Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Parking tickets

Martin and I both got parking tickets for street sweeping on Tuesday. I was so upset. That means $120 worth of food storage is gone. I was done with my morning run. I told myself I would move the car. Elnora was sleeping in the stroller then I got busy helping Tanner with breakfast. I helped Tanner organizing his stuff when I realized it's 12 o'clock. I grabbed my keys and hurry with the thinnest hope of not getting ticket. We both got tickets for street sweeping (11 am-3 pm). I felt like wanting to swear even though I never swear.

Then a powerful lesson came to my mind about the tender mercy of Christ. I realized we live in the world with law. We didn't have intention to break the law. We just simply forgot. Yet we need to pay for the consequences (no matter what). I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me to repent. His tender mercy is extended to me. I do not need to pay the consequences of my sins if I repent and have faith in the atonement of Christ. Over and over Christ extended his mercy on me. HE is merciful and understanding. He will forgive if we repent. There is a higher law that will apply for everybody. Someday we'll have to answer on our obedience in observing these law of God. I felt bad for the people who think that these laws won't apply for them because they don't believe in the existence of such laws and the need of a Savior.

I needed to be reminded of the atonement of Christ. Sometimes I just go on with my days without even thinking to be grateful for this wonderful gift from Christ.

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Love your message. Thanks for sharing it.