Saturday, March 29, 2008

Higher Purpose

We had some visitors on Tuesday night, a wonderful little family. Tanner had a hard time sharing his toys with his old friend but they managed to get along. We used to be in their ward. Both Martin and I admire this couple for their testimony of the temple. We remember some of their testimony they shared after their visits to the temple.

So, we decided to go this morning. Tanner was having a great time with his cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's anyway. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!


I always feel rejuvenated after a temple visit. It's good to be free of the worldly cares for a while. It is true that the challenges of life we are facing are still the same when we get back from the temple. However, we have a different outlook on those challenges. Somehow they ceased to become problems because we have a better understanding of the higher purpose of what to learn in this life. I hope I could keep that in mind!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the temple also. It is hard to go when you have a baby. So I haven't been in awhile. Too long in my opinion. But soon.We are going with Cassidy on her first youth temple trip later this month. I am excited!