
We always look forward for Sunday (just like many of you do). Even little Tanner knows that Sunday is a special day. He talked of nursery Sunday morning and mentioned the names of all of his nursery friends (Mason, Mariah, Jensen, Amber, Ashley, etc - there are about ten of them).
Our church starts at 11 a.m. which gives us plenty of time to get ready. Martin is starting a new tradition Sunday morning by putting on recent general conference talks (he downloaded from the internet). I thought this was a great idea. We listened and watched President Monson and President Eyring while we were getting ready for church.
As for me, I love the hymns in the church. I love singing them. I noticed that not very many people sing. I like to look at the "instruction" on the left corner and sing it like it supposed to be (i.e. reverently, thoughtfully, exultantly, brightly, etc.) I enjoy doing this (I think you should give it a try!). The Spirit often speaks to me this way.
The following hymn is not often sung but the words are so powerful. I thought of my brother's family and their trial(s) as we sang them and this hymn is perfect for them.
COME, YE DISCONSOLATE
Come, ye disconsolate, where'er ye languish,
Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel.
Here bring your wounded hearts; here tell your anguish,
Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot heal
Joy of the desolate, Light of the straying,
Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure!
Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying,
"Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot cure."
Here see the Bread of Life: see waters flowing
Forth from the throne of God, pure from above.
Come to the feast of love; come ever knowing
Earth has no sorrow but heav'n can remove.
---I could not help crying but be grateful for The Bread of Life.
3 comments:
What a great post, and something to remember that singing is also praising and worshiping God.
We go to church at 8:30am. We are up and running around and dash out the door in a whirlwind. Last year we went at 3pm. Two extremes!
Love your thoughts!!
Makes me want to really work at being reverant while getting ready for church!
let us know when you have some free time, we would love to see you!
Nice thought. The hymn that gets to me is "Now I take the Sacrament" The words in there are so powerful. I am engulfed with the spirit and can't help but want to just close my eyes and reflect on Him who died for us and loves us so much.
Post a Comment