Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Know That My Redeemer Lives (Ku Tau Penebusku Hidup)



The words from the hymn "I know that my Redeemer lives" is constantly in my mind these past weeks. I thought of writing them in Bahasa Indonesia too.

I know that my Redeemer lives (Ku tau Penebusku hidup)
What comfort is this sentence gives! (Lega dengar kabar ini)
He lives, he lives who once was dead (Dia hidup yang pernah mati)
He lives, my ever living head (Dia hidup Sang pemimpinku)
He lives to bless me with his love (Hidup 'tuk memberkatiku)
He lives to plead for me above (Dari Surga membelaku)
He lives my hungry soul to feed (Puaskan lapar jiwaku)
He lives to bless in time of need (Limpahkan rahmat sepenuh)

He lives! All glory to his name (Dia hidup mulya namaNya)
He lives, my Savior still the same (Juru S'lamatku t'ap jaya)
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives (O, manisnya kabar ini)
"I know that my Redeemer lives!" (Ku tau Penebusku hidup)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my favorite hymns! Thanks so much!

SIPPY said...

thanks for sharing your testimony. i bet singing that in indonesian sounds beautiful.

susy and martin said...

It does feel different and beautiful when I sing it in my own language. Maybe because I learned the song first in my own language.