Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday

Can you imagine if there is no Sunday? I am so grateful for Sunday. Sunday is very "recharging" for me. We have a ward conference and the messages were so powerful for me to be a little bit better. Life is going so fast that sometimes we forgot to stop and listen to the prompting of the Spirit to give us personal revelation (guidance for our life).

I always look forward also for the weekly newsletter from Elder and Sis. Bennet who are serving in my branch (Semarang). They'll be done with their mission in four months. My father told me that they have been such great blessings for the members there.

I enjoy talking to my father (and family) on the phone too. We talked about our family, their well being, and their challenges in life. He said that my mom doesn't get tired of watching Tanner (on the dvd) from our trip in Bali over and over. She missed us terribly.

One of my nephews, Ganang turned 18 this year and is getting ready for college. He may have to finish his college first before going on his mission since he won't be permitted there to take two years off college or he could wait a year to turn 19 and start college after mission. That also will bring other problems with entering good universities since he'd be off HS for three years. I remember things could be very frustrating there and the future for the people could be really deemed because of the system.

My father replied that we should just have faith that Heavenly Father will open the way and things will work out fine. (Yeah right, I thought) - (Help mine little faith, I scolded myself at the same time).
I love my Dad!! He reminds me again and again in my life how important it is to JUST HAVE FAITH! No doubting and no questioning.


Sister Bennett with the young women.


My nephews Dimas (left with blue/white) and Ganang (right brown shirt) with friends.


Another typical flood in Semarang. Don't worry, the water will reside.


Rambutan, a type of sweet fruits. I miss it.

1 comment:

D said...

Suzy I love all your uplifting thoughts. Thanks for sharing.